Friday, April 4, 2014

Lucas - Week 12

As I shared last week, Lucas is definitely more into a routine now which I'm loving! My parents were still here through Tuesday so he got lots of cuddle time with my mom while I slept in. He's stopped eating every 3 hours during the day going for up to 6 hours at a time but his night feedings are still every 3 hours. If he wakes me at 1:00 am he is up again at 4:00 am. I really do look forward to the days he's sleeping for longer chunks of time at night! 

Also as with last week, his personality is just blossoming. It sounds weird to use the word blossoming with a boy but it's the best way to describe it! He is smiling so much more and engaging eye contact. He turns his head when he hears my voice or Jason's. He's also still such a cuddler. He's looking at the colors in books and toys and his eyes and head will follow them when I move them. He still loves his bath time which then makes me smile so big! 

This week he got his 2 month vaccinations. I had gone back and forth about getting him vaccinated but in the end felt it's what was best for him. He got three and after the first one, he literally smiled. Then after the second one he held his breath for a really long time. Then the third one he was flat out screaming. As with any mom, it broke my heart. I shared in his pain and shed some tears myself. It made me so thankful that he's a healthy boy and that medical procedures aren't something we have to experience often. The shots gave him a fever for about 48 hours and about 6 hours after he got them he was so uncomfortable, crying a cry I've never heard and nothing could comfort him. 

Thursday Lucas met my students and TA's at work. I had to go in to meet with my sub to attempt to get caught up on what's going on with my classroom before I go back to work. I would have had to go back this week but they're on spring break this week - I'm beyond thankful for an extra week off!  The kids were so cute meeting Lucas! They kept looking at Lucas, then my stomach then back at Lucas, trying to make the connection. They'd walk away a few minutes then come right back and sneak peaks of Luke. It was also nice to see how things were going back at work. Seeing the kids made me realize how much I missed them and why I teach kids with special needs. I just love these kids!

Friday night Jason and I went on our first date night leaving Lucas home with a babysitter. We found her off care.com a few weeks before and loved her!! I'm sure she thought I was a spaz checking in after about 90 minutes but it was hard leaving him with a total stranger. But I trusted her completely and really believe it's important for us to go out on dates sans baby! (I think Jason would agree, we had a wonderful 3 hours together!) I was so excited to come home to him but he was sound asleep and didn't even notice we were gone. While I was slightly bummed  he was so oblivious to us being gone it was really good to see because it may make daycare a little easier on me. 



Grandpa stealing some cuddles in while I was still sleeping


Their last day...had to get some photos. Lucas and Grandpa


Lucas was as sad as us that they were leaving. Lots of tears were shed by all. But what a fun time we had together! Dad helped Jason with projects around the house and mom helped me with decorating the house.


After my parents left I found this bunny tucked in Lucas' car seat. Lucas' first stuffed animal! It's so soft and cuddly!


The day my parents left I was pretty emotional I needed a distraction so Lucas and I drove out to the outlets and shopped for his Easter shirt. While shopping we found this super cute hat. While trying it on I snapped a picture. Adorable, right? I agree...but not worth the sticker price!


The shirt says it all!


Cutest little puckered lips


In his pajamas ready for his first night with the babysitter!


Daddy snuggle time


Showing off his overalls from Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Dave


Finally a picture with my sweet boy! <3


So happy in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment