Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lucas - Week 13

Lucas is 13 week tomorrow and 3 months old today!  This has been the fastest 13 weeks of my life and I have enjoyed every second. I am going back to work tomorrow and I am a wreck. I am hoping that tomorrow I will get through the day fine and laugh at myself when I think about how upset I've been leading up to tomorrow. This weekend we had Jason's brother and sister-in-law in town and I had the hardest time thinking about anything but having to leave Lucas at daycare and go back to work.  But it will be okay...all mom's who go back to work have to go through this and they all survived so so will I!  

This past week with Lucas has been interesting with all the emotions of going back to work plus Jason had to travel for work for the first time since Lucas was born so I was on my own with him. We kept busy though and ran lots of errands trying to get ready for this week and I tried to get the house as settled and cleaned as possible in preparation for our company and again for this week when I go back to work. I wanted to get some new clothes for work so we also hit up a few clothes stores.

I know I say this every update but he is getting such a fun little personality. He is smiling all the time, especially at Jason. It's just the cutest thing...whenever Jason walks in the room or starts talking to him, Lucas lights up and smiles for a long long time. It really melts my heart. He's looking around so much more and really attentive to everything. His schedule has been way off this week but he's still such a super happy baby (this week!).

Sweet boy I love you so very much and have enjoyed spending the past 13 weeks with you.  I've loved our morning snuggle time and getting to watch you grow!  I can't wait for June 3 when I can be home with you every day again for the summer! Love you!! 



Morning snuggle time but he fell asleep <3


MLB Opening Day - Cubs fan!!


Meeting Rebakah and Ian who visited while they were in town skiing


Getting ready in the morning...and he doesn't want to miss a thing


Happy happy boy


Wearing his Chicago shirt proudly - look at that belly!


Shopping at Target. my favorite shopping buddy!


Shopping can be exhasuting!


Nighttime snuggles


<3


Meeting Uncle Phil!




Meeting Aunt Laura!


I LOVE THIS BOY!!!


Matching shirts (yes I bought Lucas a shirt so he could match his daddy...and I think it's just way too cute!!!)


Love his cheeks!  The shirt...not so much! Its how he was dressed when I left Daddy in charge and his Aunt Laura and Uncle Phil were in town.  Will he be a Hawkeyes fan?!


Soapy and smiley during bath time!


Last snuggles before bed on last night before going back to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment