Friday, January 3, 2014

Family Shower of Love for Baby Boy Lockwood

Our baby boy is loved!  We had three lovely showers thrown for us by friends and family the past couple months.  Two in Illinois and one here in Colorado.

The first was my family shower.  In our family it's a tradition that the aunts (generally the godmothers) throw a shower for the mom-to-be.  Being that I don't have a god mother (I have two god fathers instead!) all the aunts chipped in and then my grandma hosted the shower at her house.  As with all of my showers, no details were left out at the family shower. There were blue balloons to greet you outside and as you walked in. Lots of finger food and desserts, blue cupcakes, veggies, flowers and the whole works! There were even cute star bookmarks as a favor. I was so thankful that they allowed the kids to come so I was able to see my cousins girls who I love and my nieces also got to be a part of the day.  My cousin, Amy, from Iowa even drove in to attend.  While it went by super fast it was such a great morning and I will cherish the memories forever! Thank you to my amazing family who loved on us while we were home!!


The spread


The gifts - and my two nieces helping me open gifts


All of my favorite girls! (good thing we're bringing a boy into the family to even things out! There will be 6 girls and 6 boys now!)


Cousins and sister-in-law  - we like stripes :)


Aunt Marilyn and I


Niece love


Me with the wonderful dad-to-be! 


Grandma and me - this will be her 12th great-grandbaby! 


Mom and Baby's Grandma and me 


Aunts and Grandma - Thanks again for a wonderful shower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment