Friday, January 3, 2014

Babymoon in Florida

January 3 and I am finally writing about our "babymoon" to Florida back in October! We had such a great time together. We wanted to go on a cruise but cruise ships won't allow you to travel past 20 weeks, and I wasn't willing to go to Mexico in case we had an complications so after much thinking and Jason researching, we decided on a trip to the Keys in Florida. I had been there before plus we'd be able to see my friend, Ellis and her husband, Josh, while we were there.  Win-win!

We went in with minimal expectations. With work being very busy for both of us and having the trip back to Chicago the week before with the wedding and my two baby showers, it was all a whirlwind!  We got to Florida on Monday and after a long day of traveling, we met up with Jason's co-worker for a late lunch in Ft Lauderdale. By the time we got to our hotel it was evening and we were both exhausted...to say the least. We watched the World Series (where Boston won - WOOOHOOOOO!) but sadly I passed out before they actually won! But man did it feel good to sleep!

That first day on Tuesday we went to the beach (Jason had to work every day while there...he's saving up his days for when the baby gets here) and I literally didn't know how to just sit and relax!  All that go, go, go for months had caught up to me and I sat there trying to read, lay, or do whatever and I just couldn't do it! But man was it nice to have that problem...sitting in the sun, listening to the ocean and seagulls and just enjoying feeling the baby move!  That night we went to dinner for some delicious sea food!

Tuesday we went to Key West, Jason had been there before but I hadn't. I really wasn't interested in driving all the way there but once we got there I loved it and was so thankful we made the trip down! There was so much to see and eat and was just such a fun little town!  I had my first (ever) piece of Key Lime pie...which will also be my last! Ick! That night we also went out to a nice local restaurant along the beach.

Thursday was pretty much our last full day in the Keys and I was definitely enjoying and able to relax very well! We spent the day at the pool and the only thing that would have made my day better was to have a fruity umbrella drink in my hand!  (seriously...whats a vacation without any drinks?!) But it was such a fun day, I found a good book to read, just out my feet up and took in the sun.  Thursday night was definitely my favorite night at a nice, romantic restaurant where we were able to get some cute pics of us together that showed my bump.  It was a night I'll always remember, just the two of us along the ocean...so peaceful and romantic.

Friday we spent the morning in the pool for our last day before driving to Ft Lauderdale to see Ellis. I was so sad the trip had already came to an end as I was seriously enjoying the relaxing! We could have used a couple more days there, just the two of us!  The trip really helped me bond with the baby and appreciate what is about to come with him. The school year had been so busy and even though the baby had started to move by then I was always too busy to stop and appreciate what that all meant. The trip to Florida truly opened my eyes to what we're about to experience as parents. I bonded with the baby and Jason and I bonded together over the baby and together in our marriage. Ahhhh, we're going to be parents!!

Friday night we went to see Ellis and their new house and dog.  Sadly, as I've been saying through this entire pregnancy, I've been exhausted so unfortunately by the time we got there, I was already fading quickly. They cooked us a delicious meal and we sat catching up together before I finally had to go to bed.  I wish we had another day with them so I could have been a little more refreshed but it was great to be able to see them while we were there!

All in all it was a great trip to Florida together. I loved how we were both able to bond with the baby and with each other as we'll be settling into this new role of parenthood together!  I'm so thankful for the friendship I have with Jason and couldn't be more excited to start this journey of parenthood with him.  How wonderful it was to be able to spend 5 days just the two of us in a tropical place together before we welcome this baby boy into our lives!


Ahhhh - peaceful! Just sitting and feeling the baby move :) and enjoying marriage and life



Dinner one with my love


 Our hotel


Key West


 Using my best imagination possible that there is a little extra flavor in my drink


Southernmost Point - fun times...trying my best to get the baby bump to show but then you can't see us!


Dinner 2 with my love


Our last dinner out which was super romantic!


The view from dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment