Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Song - Awakening

Happy Sunday and LONG weekend!  We went to church last night and I'm so excited for a new series to begin! We've been going over the book of Luke since we started going there and the church been studying it for like 20 months or something. (my very small attention span needs things spiced up every once in a while!) Now we're doing a series on leaving a legacy and it's short and sweet...just 4 weeks. The series couldn't come at a better time in my life too.

I've been having a hard time connecting with God the past few months (this seems to be a common theme for me when things in my life are going well.) After prayer and prompting by the Lord, I bought a Bible study by Kay Arthur (my first by her...finally!)  I am not usually successful in doing Bible studies on my own but both of my small groups aren't doing studies that require outside homework and with the new job and everything else going on in my life the next few months I can't commit to another weekly obligation. I will try this on my own and am really hopeful that I'll finish it and get where I need to be with God.

Today's Sunday Song is one by Chris Tomlin (shocker!) and I'm praying God will awaken all of our souls to His will this week.  What a hard prayer to pray but one I definitely need this week!  I hope you enjoy your Sunday and Labor Day weekend!  

"Awakening" -- by Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment