Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend of Sking and Catching Up

This has been another very busy weekend but I did catch a bit of a break today!  Jason and I planned to go skiing all weekend booking a hotel in advance.  We got up really early yesterday and were on the slopes by 9:30.  It was a pretty great day of skiing.  There were a lot more runs open than last month and the conditions were pretty good!  I did about 6 runs and Jason boarded much longer, doing about double what I did.  We went to get dinner at a local brewery and while there it started snowing...a lot!  It was so much fun to be in a town where everyone is excited to see snow and lots of it!  I have always loved snow but I feel like no matter where I'm at there are people who complain about it.  Totally not the case in the mountains!  Loved it!

We went to check into the hotel to quickly learn that our room was actually booked for next weekend, not this weekend.  Oops.  And being that we now had about 2 inches of snow in a little over an hour and expecting up to 9 inches more overnight the hotel was booking up very quickly.  We were able to get a pretty discounted rate given our wrong date booking but considering we may not be able to get our money back for next week's reservation we decided to brave it back home.  The roads were a mess but Jason did a great job getting us home safely!

Jason couldn't really find a plus side of us not being able to ski/board in 10+ inches of powder today but I could!  First off the temps today were in the single digits, with wind chills making it feel like -1 degree.  Ummm, yeah, spring skier me doesn't do well in those temps.  Plus we got to sleep in, go to church, get some Christmas shopping in, finish our Christmas cards, I got to take a nap and get some laundry and cleaning done today.  And I get to spend some time blogging for a change! I am looking forward to getting back on the slopes again very soon but as for this weekend I'd say this has been pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment