Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday...on Sunday


Happy Sunday! I am a couple days late in filling in the blanks but after learning about the shooting on Friday I didn't have it in me to write a joyous 'Fill in the Blank Friday' post.  My heart goes out to the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut and I will continue to pray for them.  

As for the Blanks...I loved this one so much that I had to do it!  Join Lauren next week and every week!


1.  When it comes to holiday shopping, I   absolutely love it!  Growing up I would always find myself out shopping last minute on Christmas Eve to finish or sometimes just begin all my shopping. Back then it was a rush to be able to find that perfect gift in a short amount of time!  But as I grew older and once I lived in Chicago it was really hard to get all the shopping done how I wanted to at the perfect stores so I would take a day off work and drive out to Yorktown and get 90% of my shopping done there.  This year I completely forgot about my day of shopping and couldn't get a day off work so had to do it in pieces but still loved every minute of it. Next year I will plan accordingly and take that day off to do it the right way!      .

2.  A few things on my Christmas wish list are...   Ha!  What isn't on my list?!  I love getting gifts so while I have a really long list out to each family member it's really more about the thought than the gift!     .

3.  An intangible gift I would like to receive is  enjoying time with my family and being back home this year.  I am really looking forward to seeing my nieces and spending quality time with my parents and family. An added bonus is that we get to spend a couple days in the city..I miss Chicago so much!   .

4.  A gift I would like to give this year is    all the gifts we're giving. We did the Operation Christmas Child for the first year this year..Jason gave to a boy, I gave to a girl. I'm excited to make that a tradition for us each year and we've been talking about how we're going to get more involved next year in giving back to our community and those in other countries. I've already set a reminder in my phone for October so we'll have plenty of time to plan ahead   .

5. My Christmas will be spent    in Illinois with my parents.  Christmas Eve will be with my brothers family and then later at my grandmas .

6. My most favorite Christmas gift of all time was   a horse!  How many girls can say they got a pony (in my case,a horse)for Christmas? Best present ever! .


7.  The best thing about the holidays is  the season of giving and loving on others.  I am trying so hard to remember the 'reason for the season' and I just love everything about Christmas time!  The lights, the Christmas tree, all the sweets around the office (or in my case, school), Christmas songs, the gifts, the parties, the decorations, Santa, hot chocolate Christmas cards ( I LOVE getting mail!) Love it all!   .

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment