Monday, December 22, 2014

Willow Creek Christmas in Colorado


Being that we stayed in Colorado, we obviously couldn't participate in one our favorite Christmas traditions this year...going to Willow Creek for their Christmas service. But this year they started videoing all their services. Which meant we would be able to watch the Christmas service online! Woohoo!! However, I expected to have to wait until Christmas Eve for them to post the service.

Saturday night, Lucas has had a bad cough so we didn't go to church because I obviously don't want to expose other kids in childcare to what he has. So Jason and I planned to watch one of Willow's advent services at home after we out Lucas down for the night. When we went online to search we found they already posted the Christmas service!

I was so excited! (like tears rolling down my face excited!) Especially because it was the same night the my parents were going to the service and obviously was pretty sad we weren't able to attend with them. 

Jason and I were able to worship right along in our living room with our beautiful Christmas tree lit. (Though eventually we had to move our church service to the basement after having some technical difficulties.) It may not have been my favorite performance Willow's ever done but the message was wonderful, really spoke to me and encouraged me to make some changes in my own heart this Christmas season. At the end of the service, Jason and I were able to sing along together with everyone  to Silent Night with each other just as if we were right there in S. Barrington. 

Thank you Willow Creek for all your efforts in putting on such a wonderful service and a big thank you for allowing us to move our yearly tradition to Colorado! 


After singing along to Silent Night in our pj's 

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment