Friday, December 26, 2014

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed!

It was such a very merry Christmas here in the Lockwood's house! Christmas 2014 was a very special Christmas for us! I knew Lucas would bring so much joy into our season this year but I had no idea just how much joy!

Christmas Eve we spent the morning together making a new tradition with a breakfast egg casserole then headed out to Christmas Eve service.  We tried out a new church for the month of December so went to that church.  It was a nice service but I especially liked that they ended it with Silent Night...obviously from my last post, a tradition of ours from Willow.  That afternoon we had our Christmas meat and cheese spread for dinner.  We let Lucas open his Christmas pj's from cousin Kristi (all the great grand-kids who attend in Illinois get matching pj's every year and Lucas got to be in on the fun too.)  We also want to start a tradition of reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" so he got to open that book as well and we all read it together.  Which really means I read it, while Lucas climbed all over and chased the cat and dog around the house...but it sounds better to say we all sat and read it together. Even putting Lucas down for the night was special...knowing it was his last sleep before Santa came and Baby Jesus was born. Loved being excited for him.

Christmas morning Jason and I had our Christmas cinnamon rolls and Cooper, Jason and I did our Christmas while Lucas took his first nap. Then when Lucas woke up he had so many presents to open...all from our family who had gifts shipped to him and he got one gift from Santa. He was too funny "opening" presents. He was climb all over them and lose interest very quickly. It was so fun knowing how much love he was showered with from so many miles away! The rest of the day was low-key, playing with Lucas while he was awake, then I took Cooper for a run at the dog park while Lucas took his second nap. Oh and we used our fireplace for the very first time! So festive...and wow let off some serious heat! Jason and I made diner together. He smoked his first ham too which was delicious! After playing some more we put Lucas to bed then Jason and I finished our last Christmas movie of the year in the basement with one of my Christmas presents...a beer flight. ;-)

The expressions on Lucas' face and how I felt about the entire two days are ones I cannot capture in writing.  It was one I will forever cherish in my heart. I am so thankful for my family and for the home we have together in Colorado. Love to all this Christmas season!
At church before putting Lucas in childcare


Look closely...Sam is in this pic too!




All the persistence paid off -- he got an ornament!


Reading our Chistmas Eve book together


Starting to wind down for bed for his last sleep before Santa and Baby Jesus' birth


That toy lasted about 4 minutes!


All those were for Lucas!! Ready to open gifts Mom and Dad!


Climbing on the presents worked best


Cooper and my run...playing with dogs along the way


One of my Christmas gifts...already being used. ;-)


And it was a white Christmas after-all!

Merry Christmas 2014 from the Lockwoods!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment