Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Lights Tradition

We've added a few new Christmas traditions to our family this year trying not to overdo it. Friday night we drove around the area looking at Christmas lights. Since Lucas hates being in his car seat for just a 5 minute car ride, I figured this new tradition would look like much more fun on paper than the real thing but I still wanted to try.

Jason and I made Lucas a bottle, us hot chocolate and headed out to look at lights. We grabbed dinner to-go and enjoyed driving around looking at lights. Lucas did so well!! We spent about 30 minutes driving around and the neighborhood we picked was beautiful! Almost the entire neighborhood was it up! On our way home we drove through our own neighborhood. It was such a fun family night. I already have ideas of what we'll do when the kids are a little older. Love our new Colorado traditions! 


My favorite manger


My favorite tree! It was beautiful!! The pic doesn't show the lights the way it looks in the dark. Just beautiful!!


The Griswold's home in Colorado! Every inch of their house was decorated, Even their lawn had lights on it..but was even cooler to see this elaborate Nativity scene. 

I realized as I was putting Lucas down that we didn't take any family pics. Next year! Love our new tradition making memories. Love our little family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment