Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lucas - Week 16

I'm still behind on Lucas' updates but am getting close to being caught up. Here's a recap of week 16 with our sweet baby!

This was Lucas first week with a nanny, Bree. I think he had some adjusting to do as I was told that he was fussier than normal some days. We moved Lucas to his crib a couple weeks ago which he transitioned fine for his night sleeping but hasn't ever had to nap in his crib. So it's something Bree and I are trying to figure out. A non- napping baby = tired, fussy baby! 

I'm so so much happier having him home everyday. Our mornings are way more relaxed and while we don't have the nap thing figured out at least we're on the road to more of a routine. I love that he's getting way more individualized attention, being read to, taken on walks and more loved overall! I'm so thankful Jason and I are able to have a nanny instead of daycare for the remainder of the school year. 

Another huge milestone this week was that Lucas started going to childcare at church instead of hanging out with us. It was probably more of a milestone for me since I may have shed a couple tears (a little more than just my eyes watering). Generally during church I would sing the worship songs then take Lucas to the nursing room where I would listen to the sermon and feed him.  However, the last couple times he hasn't wanted to eat at that time and I've been really distracted by him.  It was hard for me to bring him to childcare, mostly because I loved our time together in the nursing room.  It was a super quiet place for us to sit and cuddle while listening to the sermon.  But that isn't what church is about and I know that so I had to do what was needed and put Lucas in childcare so I could focus on my time with the Lord.  But it wasn't easy! 



A pic Bree sent me during the day. Totally brightened my day to see him so happy and comfortable!! 


Love


Look at those rolls!


Always happy after bath time


Fell asleep in my arms after eating before bedtime. We are so good about not doing that but I'm not gonna lie, I love every extra second of cuddle time I can get right now that I'm at work all day!


Looking more and more like Daddy as each day goes by!


Bree also sent me this pic while I was at work...ahhh he's just the sweetest!!


A look of innocence. And I can honestly say he's just the most innocent, sweetest little guy right now! 


Reading books with me before bed on Grandma Cookoo's blanket that we LOVE! 


Ready for bed after a bath - look at those  sleepy eyes!! 


Got this pic from Bree and seriously couldn't believe that was our son!! Like any baby he hates tummy time and with our weekends jam packed and nights he's generally eating or sleeping, there's not much time for tummy time. I can't believe she's gotten him to hold his head up like this!! I was so excited to see his progress!! He looks like a little person! 


Friday nights are my favorite! Hanging out with Jason and Lucas before dinner! 


My boys - and Lucas just loves his daddy!


Andrea's in town!! Lucas got to meet his Chicago friend! 


Playtime with Lucas after work


love love love you little, super happy Lucas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment