Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lucas is Dedicated to the Lord

Saturday, our baby boy was dedicated to the Lord.  Our church tried something new this year and had a separate service for the dedication and they chose to do it on a Saturday.  I loved that it was on Mothers Day weekend. I wish we were able to have our families there but it was a very special day none-the-less.

The dedication started with us singing songs of worship. ("Your Grace is Enough" and "How Great is our God") Then our pastor gave a message about how to raise our children in a healthy, Godly home which I thought I'd share here for Jason and I to reference:

1.) Put Jesus first
2.) Put our marriage second
3.) Be an example to Lucas
4.) Put worship over recreation (ex. church before sports on Sundays)
5.) To not make Lucas an idol (God and our marriage first...and our lives not revolving around our children...Pastor Mike said it a LOT better than I'm explaining!)

After the message we were called up individually to pray with a pastor and we prayed over Lucas and us as parents to raise him in a Godly home.

The event was wrapped up with more music ("I Wish by Rascal Flatts) then we took family pictures by a professional which I will post as soon as we get access to them.  I'm really hoping we got a good one! :)

We went out to celebrate for lunch with our dear friends, Jaimie and Jake and their 3 boys, Reid, Dawson and Eliah.  What a special day for our sweet boy!


The marbles are to represent the number of days we have before our children's 18th birthday and how each day truly makes a difference.  I love this!!! Each moment we spend with our children is so important but life gets in the way.  I love this visual reminder of how much each day truly makes a difference.


Lucas took a nice little nap before we started


Very excited that his turn was next


Blurry but thankful I asked someone to snap pics


Praying over Lucas and our family


Daddy love


Lunch with the Wolvertons's - snuggles with Jaimie


Family pic :)




No comments:

Post a Comment