Monday, August 5, 2013

Trip Back to Chicago

Its been a week since I've been back so felt I should take some time to finally write about my almost 2 amazing weeks in Illinois!

I had such a great time catching up with lots of friends and family and getting some much needed time at my parents lake house and in Chicago.  At first I was supposed to go for about 10 days but then found out I had to come back early for a training for work. I got a little greedy then and changed up my trip leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Monday night. I thought I needed that much time there to see everyone and do all the things I wanted but after a few days there I realized I was going to miss Jason and the animals a little too much! But I sure did a lot and enjoyed every minute! It was a wonderful 12 days and I got my fill of family, friends and Chicago to hold me over until Jason and I get to go back together in October.

Some of the highlights of my trip were that I got to:
  • See my super smart and super cute neices several times
  • Meet up with many many many of my friends getting to dine at lots of different restaurants, some which were my favorites and others that were new
  • Get in lots of quality time with my parents
  • Spend 2 weekends in Chicago where I got to see more friends and run along the (flat/sea level) lake a couple times  
  • See Andrew who I used to babysit for when he was 6 months (is now 6 1/2)! and his two little sisters and family
  • Go shopping with my mom several times
  • Eat at Portillo's many times
  • Spend time with my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Marilyn
  • Have a coffee and pedicure date with my mom
  • Eat Potbelly's several times
  • Meet my friends baby who was born in April
  • Have a nail painting party with my cousin's girls
  • Eat at Antico Posto with my parents
  • Go to Willow Creek...twice!
  • Spend a couple days at the lake house with my parents which also included a run along the lake and a boat ride and some relaxing on the pier.
  • go to the DuPage County Fair with my nieces, mom and god daughter, Katie
  • Have a sleepover at my grandmas and a lunch date with her to Olive Garden
  • Get a manicure with a friend
  • Enjoy a little party/get-together with almost all my relatives at my cousins house
  • Celebrate my nieces 3rd birthday at her party

 DuPage County Fair with Kaitlyn, Kaylee and Katie...K1, K2 and K3  ;-)


Happy 3rd birthday Miss Kaylee!


Driving into the city...practically in tears I was so excited to be back in my favorite city -- 
Miss everything about it so so so so much!!!! (well...except the parking tickets, politics and weather!)


Sitting enjoying the lake (Lake Summerset) where I spent just about every single weekend growing up


Enjoying a (very chilly!) run along the lake Saturday morning 


Painting my nails with a few of my favorite girls!

I had such a great time seeing everyone and just "being" in Chicago. I really wish I had taken a LOT more pictures with everyone so I could document it all! Next time! Thank you to everyone who met up with me and huge thank you to Andrea and Nikki who offered up their homes to me in Chicago so I could stay there overnight. Thanks to Jolene for coloring my hair! Thanks to my parents for all the meals and loaning me their car many days and their hospitality. Thanks Kristi and Joe for hosting the party so everyone could get together! I am so thankful for all of you who spent time with me!

1 comment: