Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday Song (on Monday) - Sovereign

I'm a day late but better late than never!  I wanted to do this Sunday Song last weekend after visiting Willow Creek for the second time in two weeks. That church allows the Spirit to speak to me in every possible way. From the second I walk into the church I feel so filled up, almost to the point of tears. As worship goes on I cry and feel such a connection to the Spirit. The sermons always speak to me no matter who is preaching  I miss that church so much and am so thankful that I can still listen to their podcast every week but miss their worship music which they don't post.

My parents went with both times which made the experience (yes I'm describing church as an experience because it moves me that much!) even more special.  I love being them being there with me and seeing how God is working through their lives too the past few years. Thank you Willow Creek for being a place where God uses to transform and challenge me.

This weeks Sunday Song was sung last week and while I have blasted this song in my car and even heard Chis sing it at Red Rocks in May it took on a whole new meaning for me last Sunday.  How powerful of a song to sing that "no matter whatever comes my way I will trust you." It can be so hard some times but is exactly how I want to live my life and I will use this song as a reminder through the good times and the bad.

"Sovereign" -- by Chris Tomlin



No comments:

Post a Comment