Saturday, August 31, 2013

Second Week of Teaching

So I won't be updating every week but I wanted to check in and share how great my second week of school went.  Behaviors were still there, my lack of ability to schedule where my TA's and kids should be has still proved to be a major flaw of myself and it's still craziness but it's becoming MY craziness!  I have so much more support than last year.  My kids are amazing, my TA's are plain awesome and things are slowly coming together. I survived my first "Back to School Night on Wednesday and I am proud to say we even had our first fire drill on Friday. Without giving any details about my students I will just share that what you may think is a normal bump in the daily routine for middle schoolers...it can be the biggest challenge of the month with 5 students with autism and other severe needs.  But we did it! And now it's Saturday where I sit about to enjoy a long 3 day weekend!  Ahhhhh, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment