Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MLK Weekend in the Mountains

So it's been soooo long since I've blogged that I haven't known where to begin. I have tried...numerous times and even with my "meanderings" posts I still couldn't catch up and was at a loss for words.  So while a lot has happened the past month (and many great things that I should take the time to blog about!) I havrn't had the words or time to write.

In an attempt to get back at it...our pics from our super fun long weekend in the mountains.  Have I said how much I love that Jason and I both know how and enjoy skiing/boarding?  I especially love skiing when it's warm like this past weekend!


About to begin Day One! (me especially loving the weather!) 
At Breckenridge



Incredible views! (Breck)


Day 1 Apres-ski at Beaver Run where my family used to stay growing up.  It was so fun bringing all the memories back at Breckenridge. Wow has the mountain changed 
since I last skied there!  Such good memories!


Cooper loves apres-ski too :)


Day Two - Vail 
We both started out with achy muscles and were tired!  Lesson 
learned that we don't hit all blacks on day one and then skip the hot tub in the evening! 


Exhausted but still loving the slopes - Vail is HUGE!


This is how I felt Day Two...DONE.


Apres-ski Day two with Cooper


We met up with Jason's friend who also has a goldendoodle.  A friend and snow?!  
Cooper couldn't be happier!


Day Three - Keystone again. Muscles weren't hurting and the conditions were great! I chipped my front tooth earlier in the week and another friend of Jason's is a dentist in Keystone and said he could fit me in on Monday.  So we decided to ski Keystone that day.  How often do you get to go skiing and then go directly to the dentist with hat head and ski pants on?  Did I mention how amazing the views were from the dentist chair? It almost made the dentist bearable! 

Awesome weekend filled with lots of snow, skiing, warm spring-like temps and love in our relationship/marriage.  So thankful for the opportunity to go skiing whenever we want and for the opportunity to live in Colorado. It dawned on me when we were invited last minute to go on a tubing trip with some friends from our church group and we had to say no.  I mean when in my life have I ever had to say no to a fun-filled weekend tubing in the mountains because I was instead going skiing in the mountains!?  (And this is just a normal "long weekend"?!)  So much fun!!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love that you could take Cooper. Sounds like such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete