Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013

Where do I even begin as I try to review the past year? As I've been looking though my blog and been thinking about the past year I now understand why everything who reads this blog or my Facebook has said, "It sure looks like yore loving life in Colorado." While I have been enjoying this new life in Colorado I have been so lonely and having a hard time adjusting to suburban living out west that I've not really understood why so many people thought we were having so much fun! But now that I'm reviewing this, oh my gosh, you're all so right! Yes, it's been a year of adjustments and some trials but what we have had an amazing first year in Colorado!! I'm sure I'm forgetting many details but here is a recap of the highlights of 2012:

January
  • The condo sold so we were officially able to plan our move to CO
  • Planned a very last minute trip to CO to take my teaching test and passed
  • Began student teaching in CPS
February
  • Turned 33
March
  • Had many going-away parties and said so many goodbyes
  • Finished my teaching portfolio and passed!
  • Finished student teaching
  • Had many "lasts" in Chicago
  • Took two IL teaching exams and passed
  • Packed (again)
  • Loaded up both cars, a huge moving truck and 2 animals and headed west to CO
April
  • Began many 1sts in a new city and state, including many trips into the mountains and lots of hiking
  • Started volunteering with therapeutic horse back riding and decided to begin the process of certification
  • Started my new blog for this new chapter of life
  • Attended "Women of Faith" conference (by myself)
  • Got our new couch
  • Began interviewing for TA and a couple teaching jobs
  • Saw lots and lots of nature and beautiful new sites throughout CO
  • First Rockies game
May
  • Mom visits
  • Started working at Bath and Body Works
  • Still lots of interviewing for job
  • Vegas for Judy's 60th birthday
June
  • Lost 10 lbs since we moved (Weight Watchers)
  • My 2nd niece, Kaitlyn, was born
  • First trip back to Illinois
  • Graduated from grad school
  • Completed first part of certification of being a therapeutic horse back riding instructor 
  • Still interviewing for job
July
  • Got a job!
  • Finished Financial Peace University, transforming how we'll live financial forever
  • Lauran and Josh visit
  • First white water rafting experience
  • Phil and Laura visit 
  • Saw Kenny and Tim's "Brothers of the Sun" tour 
  • Participated in Denver ShareFest
August
  • Mark and Judy visit
  • Started my job
  • Participated in our church's Community Impact project
  • Ran the Boulder 10k
  • Saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the local theater
September
  • Spent our anniversary weekend in Breckenridge at Octoberfest
  • Saw a friend from middle school that I haven't seen in almost 20 years
October
  • Jolene visits
  • Got my Colorado Teaching License (which I thought was supposed to take a really long time!)
  • Went back to IL for Kaitlyn's baptism
  • God spoke to me about being a lesson on being thankful
November
  • Kicked off the ski season in the mountains
  • Spent Thanksgiving with Jason's family in Iowa
December
  • First Broncos game
  • Accepted (another) new job
  • Spent Christmas in Illinois with my family
  • Spent a few days in Chicago
  • got an iPad
  • Cooper turns 2
2013 has so much in store for us as we continue to journey through this new state meeting new friends and starting new traditions.  

As God spoke to me back in November, I am going to begin and finish this year in thankfulness.  My verse of 2013:

Psalm 106:1
Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!  His faithful love endures forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you do this post every year. I was looking forward to it and you write it so beautifully!!
    Cheers to 2013!

    ReplyDelete