Thursday, April 7, 2016

Zoo Day

Yesterday Lucas and I went to the zoo. It was a much-needed outing for both of us.  Jason and him both came down with the flue a few weeks ago, And it hit them hard. I didn't get it for a few days but was going absolutely stir crazy being stuck inside with two sickies.  Then after a few days I ended up getting it too. But being that I'm pregnant my OB prescribed tamiflu. I still got it pretty bad and for over a week but I felt it still wasn't as bad as both Jason and Lucas. I had many pity parties that week, because I couldn't leave the house, I got nothing done, no laundry, cleaning, cooking. We were all pretty much in survival mode. I also felt sorry for us that we didn't have anyone to go get us our basic groceries (milk and bread.) I really wanted a couple Red Box movies but didn't have anyone to get them for us. Jason and I worked together those couple weeks, him taking days off work so he could heal then taking mornings off so I could sleep in. (obviously Lucas wasn't sleeping through the night making for very long, exhausting days when I was already sick.) It was just a rough couple weeks and when that happens to me, I tend to get caught up in the moment and think it's never going to end. But it did! Jason and Lucas are back to 100%. I'm still pretty weak and tired but think that's due to being pregnant while getting over the flu. Can I just say, I am so, so thankful for our otherwise good health? Getting so sick and for that long when all of us were stuck home unable to get out really made me appreciate how thankful I am for our good health. It was just the flu!  A couple weeks of having to lay low and not leave the house. Very eye opening on what I have taken for granted.

So getting back to the zoo. It was a windy, yet beautiful day for the zoo. Now that Lucas is starting to talk more, he was a lot more interactive and able to tell me what he wanted to do at the zoo. He loves animals as much (or even more) than me. The train was out of order which Lucas didn't seem to get, asking a hundred times to ride the train, but he enjoyed the carousel instead. He liked the giraffes so much this time that we had to go say goodbye to them before leaving. Very fun day with the little guy and so thankful for our good health! It was just what we needed to get back on track and back into our routine! And seriously, have I said how much I love this little boy?! Trying weeks it's been and many, many, whiny days filled with way too many meltdowns but oh my gosh he is a fun little kid!!




Duct tape really can be used to fix anything!  No idea what they're fixing on this poor camel but he's got duct tape all around him!! 


We spent a good 8 minutes just watching this elephant as Lucas made elephant noises!

No comments:

Post a Comment