Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Grandma and Papa Visit!

And just like that, they're gone. That's how I feel right now. I blinked and they were here and gone. My parents came for a visit the past weekend. It wasn't really even a short visit but I feel like it went by so quickly!! Wasn't I just writing about that a couple weeks ago? Time is just going so fast and I can't get it to slow down! Apparently it's not just time with Lucas but life overall these days.

My parents arrived on Thursday afternoon just as Lucas was waking up. Boy was he excited to see Grandma, Papa and Sophie. I wish I could write out phonetically how he says they're names...its so cute. :) 

So we had a wonderful weekend together. Time spent with my mom is usually spent shopping, her helping me decorate our house since I have no decorative bone in me. But this time we also got to put together the nursery! We got a major snowstorm (somewhere around 20 inches over two days!) but fortunately the roads were clear enough for us to get out every day. My dad painted the nursery and did other jobs around the house that he thought needed "fixing up." We went out to dinner to celebrate my dads birthday, had a delicious dinner cooked by Jason one night, played games and watched a movie at night, Lucas got lots of Grandma and Papa time in and the dogs loved wrestling and playing in the snow every day. My mom, Luvas and I also went to The Wildlife Experince on their last morning here. It was a great time. I am so glad to have the nursery painted so we can figure out what we are going to do in there (that's a whole other subject...since we plan to use Lucas' furniture but he is still using it.)

It was a fun weekend together! Love how much we got accomplished but love the quality time together as much! Lucas was so in love with Grandma and Papa...he didn't take long naps and had the hardest time going to bed at night.  He didn't want to miss out on any time away from them.  Soon as he woke up he wanted Papa and Grandma (and Sophie). What a fun age for him and love that he enjoys spending time with them!

Thanks Mom and Dad for making the long drive out here so we could spend quality time together! And for all you did this weekend for us! We so appreciate it and love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment