Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy 1st birthday Lucas!

I have no words that could explain how much I love this sweet boy. Every day that goes by I say I could not love him any more, but then each day I'll fall more and more in love. Lucas is truly the happiest boy I've ever met. He is always smiling and laughing and so very rarely cries. He has started giving hugs in the past couple weeks which just melts our hearts. He even hugs Cooper...sometimes the cart when we're at Target or grocery shopping. I've even caught him hugging the floor. I'ts the cutest thing. He loves to rearrange our pantry...and the entire house for that matter. Drawers are emptied in split seconds. Laundry baskets are emptied, then climbed in. The animals water bow is immediately attended to when we accidentally leave them down. He climbs inside the dishwasher any second he can get. Empty's my purse if I dare leave it on the floor. Our bathroom has become his playground. Never thought a plunger and toilet brush could entertain a child like it does. (needless to say everything's been moved and the door is shut). He "barks" when Cooper barks and tries imitating our words when we talk. He is so interactive with us by copying everything we do.  His mind is a little sponge right now. While a trip to Target is tough because he grabs onto everything he can, it's so much fun to have him with me. He waves and smiles at everyone who makes eye contact with him (and won't stop waving which made for some awkward lines when they were long at Christmas time). He is just so much fun!!  I could go on and on...this kid is full of so much love and happiness it's contagious being around him! I love you sweet Lucas Jon.  How in the world did this year go by already?! So thankful for the 1 year old boy you've grown to be. I'm beyond excited and grateful for the years ahead with you! We love you!

We spiced up the monthly pics for his yearly birthday picture.  He had so much fun with these balloons!!  Again...love this boy!












^^(Hugging the balloon!!)^^ ;-) 









No comments:

Post a Comment