Saturday, August 2, 2014

LASIK!!

Bye bye contacts, glasses, saline, cleaner, and contact cases!! Hello perfect vision!! 

I can see! No glasses, no contacts...I can see! Jason's been encouraging me to look into LASIK for a long time but it's pretty expensive and I was scared since I hate everything about eyes. But I'm so excited we checked it out and I did it. I was told that the 10 minutes per eye of discomfort was worth a lifetime without contacts/glasses. Honestly, it wasn't even uncomfortable! We went in for an 11:30 appointment, they did a bunch of tests on me (for the third time in about 2 weeks) to confirm my prescription and a bunch of other medical things. They brought me into a room where they gave me some happy pills and put a bunch of drops in my eyes. Side note, they were playing the movie, Monster, Inc...which I hadn't seen before. It was cute, going to rent it someday to finish it! Anyway, they then took me back for the surgery. They had to do one procedure on my eyes with one laser machine which took maybe 30 sec each eye. Not uncomfortable at all. After that was done they told me I had survived the worst of it! They then moved me to another room for another machine where they finished. I stared at this little green light and remember them asking me questions about little Lucas so I was saying something about him and then it was over! They then brought me to another little room where they put some eye drops in and I sat in a lazy boy for about 5 minutes. They moved me to some other area where they did some sight test. I was a little freaked out because they asked me if I could read the clock across the room and I couldn't see it and they were acting like I should have been able to. I was thinking the worst that it hadn't worked for me and I'd have some irreversible problems and be blind forever! But they said everything looked great, gave me some sunglasses and sent me back to Jason and Lucas in the waiting room.

Jason drove us home and took care of Lucas so I could rest...and rest, I did! I took the suggested 3 hour nap (thanks again, happy pills!) and then chilled the rest of the evening. 

It's been a month so I'm no longer putting the drops in my eyes (there's a LOT of eye drops that must go in the eyes for a month) and I can see perfectly. I don't have issues with anything. I do wear sunglasses because my eyes are still a little sensitive to light but honestly...in Colorado the sun is bright so I'm not really sure if they're more sensitive than they were before the surgery. I'm so happy with my new eyes! Would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend it to anyone considering! And if you live I Colorado definitely go where I went! You won't be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment