Saturday, August 2, 2014

Garage Sale

We finally had our garage sale this weekend! I've been planning it since the day we moved in. Jason and I have been accumulating things through our many moves and wanted to wait until we had our house before we got rid of stuff. Who knows what you'll need in a house until you're actually there? The plan was to have the sale the first weekend I had off for summer break but then we planned the trip back to Illinois so Lucas could meet his great-grandma then it was one thing after another this summer and it wasn't possible to have the sale. So the first chance I got, I put it on the calendar and made it happen.  Wow they are a a lot of work! To begin with...I don't own a single table so I had to find them. Big thank you to Jane, Stefani and our neighbors for loaning us tables! Then I had to figure out to to pull of the Friday portion of the sale with a 6 month old who still goes down for naps every 2 hours and will not nurse unless he is in a room with no distractions. Fortunately tow friends, Sarah and Jaimie were able to come help with the sale while I would feed and put Lucas down. Then there were all the other details, like pricing and setting everything up.

Friday was a lot of fun! We had tons of traffic and it was so fun to see Sarah and Jaimie!  We made a lot of money the first day and I could barely walk after it was done, I was so tired. Today wasn't nearly as good in sales but we still made some money! It was an experience, to say the least!

Thanks again for your help Sarah and Jaimie and Jane, Stefani and neighbors for the tables!!

No comments:

Post a Comment