Wednesday, August 27, 2014

3,000 Miles Traveled and We're HOME

We just did a 3,000 mile (round tip) road trip...longest road trip for me by far and obviously longest for Lucas and we had a great time! Who'd have thought I'd survive?! ;-)  And who'd have thought a 7 month old would be so much fun on a road trip?!

The whole trip got kicked off because my friend Andrea's (and Kyle's) wedding on August 16th would be in Kentucky. So while planning that trip we decided to incorporate my annual "trip back home" with the wedding. With that being incorporated my brother, sister-in-law, Jason and I decided to throw my mom a surprise birthday party while we were home. We figured while we were going to be home since I wanted to keep Lucas on somewhat of a schedule we decided why not go up to my parents lake house for some quality family time and much needed lake time? And since we were going to be just minutes away from my friend, Lauren in Kentucky we figured we could spend some time with her because when else would we get the opportunity to just be in Louisville? And since we would be driving through St. Louis on our way home from Louisville we decided why not make a day trip out of that and stop to see the Arch, take a Bud tour and see Busch Stadium? It was such a whirlwind of activities but so much fun! Wow, did we do a lot in those 13 days on the road!

I hope to be able to post pics from each one of those events as each of them were truly an event in itself!  But now I am enjoying a much slower paced life. I feel like ever since I found out I was pregnant and got my first teaching job things haven't slowed down one bit!  I'm trying to spend some time reflecting on where I am supposed to be in this next chapter of my life as a stay at home mom while also enjoying every second with Lucas and Jason.  I'm also extremely excited to get settled in our "new" house.  While we've been living here for 7 months, I've really only been doing just that...living here.  The garage sale helped me to get rid of a lot of stuff but there are still boxes to be unpacked, plenty of rooms to organize and the best part...decorate and make it feel like our own!

It's been an amazing summer full of lots of traveling and I'm so thankful...but now it's time to slow things down and enjoy my family right here in good 'ole Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment