Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Break - Teaching ESY

I'm teaching ESY (extended School Year) this summer so I don't really feel like I have much of a summer break at all but oh my gosh, I love teaching ESY!  I have high school kids with severe needs and am basically co-teaching with another teacher and we have about 8 or 9 TA's.  We go on field trips almost every day so it's more like summer camp for the kids but we're all having a blast.  We've been to the roller rink, mini water parks, outdoor mall, Wal-Mart, had a few days of cooking and crafts and many other adventures together. I only have two weeks left (we're off this week for the holiday) but it's so much fun!  Thankful for the extra income but especially thankful for the experience and the how much fun I am having with these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment