Monday, July 1, 2013

I Got a Job!

I'm only about a month behind on blog posts!  I got a job a few weeks ago.  Beginning when jobs were being posted, I began applying to every single sever needs position in every district surrounding where we live (and many many LD positions too after subbing in middle schools and realizing I'd probably love that position for that age group).  I was called to many interviews and also had many second interviews.  After over amount of this it was getting exhausting. It sounds easy.  Get up, put a suit on and go answer 10-15 questions about something I love talking about.  But it was exhausting.  Most interviews had about 4-6 people interviewing me and I felt like I couldn't read their faces.  When I thought I would for sure get a call for a second interview, I wouldn't and when I didn't think I would, I would!  But no one was calling me with the offer.  I kept hearing that they went with someone with more experience.  How was I to get experience is no one will hire me?!

The one job that I applied for and was most excited for was a middle school position as the teacher for an autism classroom.  I was really excited for this position because it was the grade I wanted and the "type" of classroom.  The interview went great, it lasted about 45 minutes!  At the end I was told that they were going to be making a decision on next steps so asked that I wait in the office while they were discussing me.  After only about ten minutes (it felt like an hour) they came back out, called me back in and informally offered me the job!  I'm so excited!

I have already met two of my students and two of the TA's I'll be working with.  (they are at the same school where I'm teaching ESY).  I met with the outgoing teacher last week and went over some things she thought may be helpful for me to know. I also was part of the interviewing process for the additional TA.  I still don't know my official first day but know I have a training I need to come back from Chicago earlier than planned to attend so basically I don't have any summer left after my vacation home in a couple weeks.  Poor me. ;-)

I'm thrilled to start this new job!  God has been so faithful through this whole journey of me teaching special ed.  So excited to see what is in store for me in my first full year of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment