Monday, July 1, 2013

New Car


Since we've moved to Colorado (more specifically the suburbs) I have been wanting/needing a new car.  I love love loved my Honda Accord Coupe.  That car has been through so much with me the past almost 8 years!  But there have been many times over the last few years where I have had to borrow Jason's SUV for one reason or another because of the lack of space aka backseat.

We went to an event where all the local dealerships brought all their used cars to the event.  As I shared about finances here, Jason and I knew we wanted to pay cash for a car and have been saving up since last May so we had a price in mind that we could spend and knew financing wasn't an option.  It made the car shopping that much harder but also that much easier too.  We thought we'd end up with a 4 door car or nothing at all but once seeing all the cars a few times we saw a Jeep Liberty that was in our price range and for whatever reason it jumped out at me.  After owning a Honda for the past 8 years and not having to do anything buy routine maintenance I was convinced I'd only buy foreign for the rest of my life.  Jeeps do not fit in that category.  As we researched we learned that they are known to last plus our plan is to continue to save so we can get the cars we want in the right timing.

After a long long day at the event we ended up trading in the Accord and getting the Jeep for what we were willing  to pay.  I literally had tears rolling down my cheeks giving up my Accord with so many memories but in reality I really need something a bit more practical.  I hope that someone else can get that Accord who will love and appreciate it as much as I did!

Cheers to new memories in my new Jeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment