Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day


It's not St. Patrick's Day without a green river and the streets filled with lots of green shirts, necklaces, hats, hair and drunk people but we still wanted to go out and celebrate. Jason had done some research and tried to find somewhere fun for us to go, but nowhere looked that great. To be honest, after our experience at the Irish pub last weekend I was hesitant to go anywhere to celebrate! We found a pub that had some St. Patrick's Day specials so we headed there after church and had a green beer and an appetizer. Just as I had expected, being out made me miss Chicago even more. It may have been easier to just skip the holiday all together but by going out it made me realize it's time that we make some of our own St. Patrick's Day traditions of our own next year. While I'm not even a slight bit Irish being away from Chicago made me long for the Irish traditions I've celebrated the last several years while living in Chicago so next year we will bring those traditions back to Colorado! :)  Cheers to the Irish and teaching us to love all things green and how to have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment