Saturday, March 16, 2013

Gym Membership

I'm so excited...I joined Lifetime Fitness again. It's been about 7 years since I have belonged there and am so happy to be able to go back again! I used to work out almost daily for 6 years but when I moved to Chicago they didn't have that particular gym in the city and while I joined a different one in the city it was a total meat market and fun "city-life" got in the way of working out.

When we moved to Colorado I knew there was a Lifetime Fitness near by and wanted to join but we had already had a (free) fitness center in out apartment complex plus Jason isn't a fan of paying for a membership to a gym. Considering I never used mine when we were in Chicago it was hard for me to convince him (and myself) that it's worth the money. But I've really been wanting to join for the past year. I like the (big) gym environment and rarely use our little fitness center for a number of reasons. Lifetime has classes that I know I'll take, plenty of machines, a group running club and the idea of some "me time" after work each day to unwind seems perfect. Not to mention that I get a $25 massage for enrolling and they have a steam room in the locker room...so needed for me who is having a hard time adjusting to the dry weather here.

While listening to a sermon online yesterday I realized how important it is to have a healthy work/life balance which I have not had since I started this new job. I also realized how stressed I am and not sleeping well at night even though I'm exhausted. Considering I'm hoping to have this job or one similar for many years to come I figured it's time to put some healthy habits in place now. In addition, I'm still trying to train for a half marathon (the illness the past 3 weeks put a major damper on that) and would love to be in better over-all shape! So today I start a new routine. I'm giving myself two months with the membership, then will re-evaluate to see how much I use it and what it's doing to my overall health.

I'm super excited for my new routine!  Hoping I use it as much as I'm hoping and see some serious improvements in my over-all health!  Wishing me good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment