Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lucas - Week 9

I am so behind in posting this! Over a week late! I have an excuse though...it's that swet little boy in all the pictures below. He doesn't enjoy the daytime hours unless he's in his car seat or being rocked...so I get nothing done. I say he has two modes, sleeping or crying. But in all fairness, I'd much rather him be fussy during the day than at night. And while he still wakes up every 3-4 hours to eat he really sleeps at night. (Just not until 11:00 or so!) 

We had his 2 month check-up and he sure has grown! He is 12 lbs 5 oz as of March 6 and 22 1/2 inches! His bilirubin levels haven't gone down in the past 6 weeks so we had to give him formula for 48 hours. It was super nice that Jason could help with the night feedings (I still had to pump) but I missed the bonding of nursing. Plus it was hard to get him back to nursing and his poop schedule was all off. But the formula did help bring his levels down and he doesn't look like such a pumpkin anymore!! I'm so so happy about that! Hopefully no more trips to the lab for bloodwork!?

As each day goes on I truly fall more and more in love with him. Must be something about all the late nights and early mornings we've spent together or all the rocking I've done but I am so totally in love!! 





One night he wouldn't stop crying and since he loves baths we brought him upstairs for a bath. As we were getting the towels and everything else needed Jason set him down in his tub and he instantly stopped crying. Cracked us up! 




His shirt says it all!


At the doctors office...about to be weighed. Breastmilk jaundice and thrush...I'd say with both he's still getting plenty of nutrients!! 


Thanks Jason for cutting off my head. Me and the porky baby! 


Lucas loves his bath time, teeth chattering through the entire time but still happy as could be!




So peaceful when he sleeps, how could you not want to cuddle with him!?







No comments:

Post a Comment