Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lucas - Week 10

Lucas is 10 weeks old! He's growing so fast! This is probably the last week he'll be able to fit in his 3 month sleepers, they're just getting too tight. His cheeks are still rounding out and and his legs are mighty chubby! He still loves going for walks and constantly moving. He's bored when at home and very fussy no matter what I do to entertain him so no changes there. He's up at night every 3-5 hours to eat but goes down super easy when he's done. Though he won't go to sleep until about 10:00 or 11:00 every night. 

Going from the bottles because of the breastmilk jaundice back to nursing has been a weird switch. Sometimes he'll eat for only 10 minutes on one side but other times he still goes for 40-45 minutes. So I'm trying to figure that out but I'm not concerned since he's still gaining weight. Just makes it tricky because then I still have to pump when he's only doing 10 minutes on one side otherwise I'm about to explode! (I'd rather do that though and have extra milk than not have enough...but then again is that why he's fussy sometimes when eating? Is it coming out too fast!? Oh breastfeeding is so complicated!! A bottle is so much easier, you see exactly how much they eat!) 

Lucas is talking a lot more these days and loves the interaction with us. He is also smiling more which makes me smile more!!


His grumpy face


Sleeping on Daddy - he loves cuddling!!


Play time!


<3


Patiently waiting while I shower (though after about 4 minutes his patience runs out!)


Cranky Lucas


I left Lucas with Jason so I could get my haircut. It was the longest 4 hours of my life. (Okay I'm being rather dramatic here but I really missed him!) 
After about an hour into the haircut I wanted to be back home with this little guy! But knowing he was home safe with Dad helped a little, I guess!?


Cooper is a great babysitter! He pretty much doesn't leave Lucas' side! He's a good big brother!


Loving bath time!! 


On our way out of the lab...hoping it's the last time he has to get bloodwork to check his billirubin levels!? This was him celebrating! ;-)


Morning snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment