Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Love

I so wanted to post this on my Facebook yesterday but decided I'd do a blog post instead.  I love my husband.  We definitely have our trials, we're both sinners, we are very very different people and don't agree on politics or college teams. (well I just hate the Hawkeyes...I don't really have a favorite team.) He is a morning and night person and I love my sleep (especially lately!)  He hates attention (and will hate that I am posting this) totally unlike me who would eat this up! There are so many things that try our marriage so by no means am I saying do we have the perfect marriage...but I really love and appreciate my husband!

Yesterday I woke up to my alarm to realize that Jason was still in bed so I very nicely woke him up to tell him his alarm never went off and he was oversleeping.  His very calm reply was, "I don't have to work today."  If those roles were reversed and he woke me (no matter if it was a good intention to make sure I was up on time for work) I'd most likely have been a lot less than nice in letting him know I should still be sleeping and that I didn't have to work!  Not Jason though, just nice and calm and then rolled over and cuddled with me.

After a little while but still before I got out of bed, he was out and showering like it was a normal day. (Again, could we be more opposite?!)  He said he had things to get done and no point in wasting his day. While I was at work I was hoping he'd get some R&R and just take it easy.  He works so darn hard every day of the week, he deserves a day off more than anyone I know!  Instead he took on the massive ongoing project of cleaning out of guest room and "zen room" (a tiny little add-on area that doesn't have a door so we've used as storage...and we've accumulated a lot of stuff over the past 18 months.) He worked on getting all of our unused furniture back downstairs and all the rooms cleaned almost completely out.  This included him changing out a huge desk for a small table and downsizing his desk and work space by about half...just so the baby has a room to call it's own. (the baby and Jason will be sharing a room as a nursery and office since Jason works from home.)  After he took all the furniture down and packed and moved many boxes he assembled the baby's crib.  As if that wasn't enough, he assembled the baby's dresser as well, then moved both those pieces into the space where we're storing it until much closer to our baby's due date. Amazing man. Truly amazing.

Like I said, he is the hardest working man I know and will always give the shirt off his back to whoever needs it...in this case to myself and our baby. I am so appreciative of him and thankful that I was the one that God chose for him to marry and that Jason listened and loves me as much as he does.  So very thankful to have him as my husband and thankful our baby gets to have him as a dad.  Love you Jason and thanks again for all you did yesterday.

1 comment: