Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Love



Fall has been really different here in Colorado than last year.  We've already had two snow falls  and since Illinois has had some amazing weather I've been pretty homesick for fall in the Midwest. In a way to make that sadness go away I've been focusing on all the things that I love about fall and enjoying those little treats to help me appreciate life.  One of those things was to hit up a pumpkin fest. After doing some research I quickly learned that pumpkin fests and apple orchards pretty much don't exist here.  But I did find one that seemed big enough and would help me as least get rid of that itch to see and smell fall and pumpkins. So we gave it a shot...and we made a great afternoon of it!

We walked through their huge pumpkin patch but didn't buy any pumpkins mostly because of the price and the fact that we're not going to be here to enjoy them. Then we ate some pretty delicious fall foods which included corn on the cob and my first ever funnel cake then walked around, people watching and checking out all the activities they had for kids (lots of fun stuff!). Then we went through the corn maze which I was bored with pretty much the second we walked in but was still fun to try to find our way out and again, with kids, I think it would be more fun. While it was windy, it was a nice fall day and was good to get out and enjoy fall the best way I think Colorado has to offer when it comes to pumpkin patches.

As for the treats of fall that I am so in love with, there are plenty! Hare just a few I've taken pics of the past few weeks.


 I've blogged about this before, this stuff is amazing... YUMMMM


 Love caramel apples, Love them!  And also love that Cooper had to get in this pic too.


Fall brings the best apples to the grocery store...Macintosh are extremely hard to find in Colorado but I have been able to find them..but then eat them too fast to remember to take a pic.  This was the biggest apple I've ever seen!  But it was delicious!


Apple cider, enough said.


Love fall nail colors!  I got  new Essie Cashmere Bathrobe which I love but looks a lot like the one above (smokin hot), but any excuse to buy a new nail color and I'm in! :)


 Afternoon fall walks with amazing sunsets


This pic doesn't capture how pretty the fall colors are at my favorite dog park but it's beautiful! 


I sent this pic to my mom and she said it looked more like summer but the temps were fall temps...but the sun made it so much warmer!  Love being able to walk outside all the time here! (Coops in the background running his heart out!)


pumpkin pie - mmmm


more pumpkin pie...and there was more and more and more after this!


pumpkin muffins every Saturday morning - deliciousness


more pumpkin pie but this time it's fully loaded!


pumpkin cookies that I made by accident the other day...they were good and a nice little treat.

I love all the leaves changing colors which I think have been even more colorful than last year!  Love fall and love all the extra treats fall brings!




1 comment:

  1. You are so cute preggo! More belly pics, please!!!

    ReplyDelete